There’s something about Sweet Potato Brownies and Blondies that I just can’t get enough of! They are so dense and fudgy, exactly how a brownie/blondie should be!
My recent Sweet Potato Protein Brownies have been a HIT so I thought I’d make a blondie version of the recipe because as a kid, blondies were one of my favourite treats to make!
If you’re not familiar with the term ‘blondie’, it is basically a Brownie but without the chocolate. But still super decadent and delicious!
I made this recipe with a new protein powder I am obsessed with – Botanika Blends Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Powder. No joke it actually tastes like a vanilla cake batter! *drool*. But don’t stress if you don’t have this on hand, you can still make this recipe! Just substitute it for any vanilla protein you have on hand, however, as the Botanika Blends protein powder is very sweet on its own, you may need to add an extra tbsp of sweetener to the batter. Just be sure to taste test the batter as you go!
Sweet Potato Vanilla Protein Blondies
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (I use steam sweet potato and then mash it to make this)
- 2.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 60g Botanika Blends Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Powder (or any Vanilla Protein Powder will work)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cashew butter (or any nut butter)
- A dash or two of almond milk (or milk of choice) as needed for consistency
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamias
- Optional: chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, fan-forced.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then mix in the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the macadamias or chocolate chips (if using).
- Transfer mixture into a baking pan (I used a loaf pan so the blondies turned out thicker!).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean (baking time will be less if you use a large pan and make thinner blondies).
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes and then slice into 8 even pieces.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx