Decadent. Fudgey. Gooey. Chocolatey. All the things a good brownie should be PLUS with the addition of SALTED CARAMEL! That’s right, I have combined the two greatest flavours of all time (Chocolate & Salted Caramel) into one epic Brownie!
Are you ready for this?!
Don’t let the long name or multiple layers fool you, these brownies are SUPER DUPER simple to make – I’m all about minimal ingredients and mess in the kitchen so majority of my recipes are one-bowl wonders!
This recipe is:
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Can be made vegan with a few simple swaps
Fudgy Chocolate Salted Caramel Layer Brownies
- 6 tbsp nutelex or vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius, fan-forced.
- Whisk together the nutelex and sugar.
- Then add in the eggs, vanilla and salt and whisk.
- Finally, add cacao and almond meal and whisk until smooth.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Set aside to COOL completely (put in the freezer to speed this step up). Once cooled, move onto the salted caramel layer.
- 2 tbsp honey (swap for maple syrup for vegan alternative)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 6 drops of vanilla or caramel stevia (alternatively, use 1 tsp vanilla essence)
- Pinch of salt
Combine all ingredients and pour over COOLED brownie. Set in the freezer for 1.5-2 hours.
All you need is your favourite dairy free chocolate, melted (I used about half a block of Sweet William chocolate). Pour this over the set caramel layer and freeze until set!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx