A high protein, peanut butter filled, dense and delicious snack. Does it get any better?
These donuts are also:
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar free
- Soy free
Be sure to tag me on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) if you make these! I love to see and repost your amazing creations!
Peanut Butter Protein Donuts
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 heaped tbsp almond meal
- 3 heaped tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp powdered peanut butter (or sub for another 2 tbsp normal peanut butter)
- 2 serves vanilla pea protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4-1 cup almond milk (more or less will be needed depending on your protein powder, consistency should be thick yet runny)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and then pour into the dry mixture. Mix well to combine. The mixture should be thick yet still runny – add more milk if needed.
- Spray your donut moulds with coconut or olive oil.
- Transfer the donut mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the donut moulds.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before icing (speed up the process by popping the cooked donuts in the fridge).
- 2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Dip each (cooled) donut into the glaze and add any desired toppings (crushed peanuts, chia seeds, cacao nibs etc.).
- Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx