This recipe was inspired by the humble LCM Bar which I so use to love as a kid! I remember the excitement I use to feel in primary school when I would open my lunch box to see Mum has packed me an LCM!
Lately, I’ve been craving an LCM. But a real LCM is just not something I want to put in my body these days, nor can I with my current dietary restrictions (#glutenfree #dairyfree life).
So! I’ve made my own version! And, not biased at all.. I actually think mine is better. 😉
These Crispy Tahini-Almond ‘LCM’ Bars are not only gluten free, dairy free, soy free and refined sugar free, but they are also high protein thanks to the addition of protein powder in the recipe.
But the best thing about this recipe – it literally takes less than 5 minutes to make (excluding setting time). One pan and a couple of minutes and your done! Which is a common theme in all my recipes because I believe healthy food doesn’t need to be complicated.
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe! I’ve been making these for #sundaymealprep and taking them to work for snacks throughout the week because they will last the week (or longer if you don’t eat them all by then) in the fridge.
Crispy Tahini-Almond 'LCM' Bars
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serve vanilla protein (I use Botanika Blends, Vanilla Cake Batter Protein)
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds (optional)
- Place tahini, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in a saucepan and heat over low-medium heat, stirring often, until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in protein powder.
- Then stir through the puffed rice and flaked almonds (if using).
- Transfer mixture into a lined baking pan and press down so it is compact and smooth on top.
- Place in the fridge to set for 3 hours. Once set, remove from fridge, slice into 9 bars and enjoy!
Storage: store in the fridge in an airtight container.