When your craving a brownie and also craving cookie dough; why not have both?
This recipe is the best of both worlds! A baked chocolate brownie biscuit base topped with a high protein cookie dough and drizzle of chocolate! It’s so decadent but perfectly balanced & totally acceptable to enjoy as an afternoon snack or after dinner sweet treat!
Brookie Dough Slice
Brownie Biscuit Base
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 squares dark vegan chocolate, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and transfer into a lined baking tray.
- Spread out evenly until about 1cm thick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and slightly crisp.
- Remove from oven once baked, set aside and allow to cool.
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Protein powder
- 80g natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (or vegan chocolate, chopped)
- Combine all ingredients either in a food processor (leave out cacao nibs and stir in separately if using this method) or stir in a mixing bowl.
- Mixture will be slightly crumbly but wet enough that it will hold when pressed together.
- Get a tablespoon of mixture at a time and press together with your hands and then press onto the cooled brownie biscuit base.
- Repeat until the entire base is covered.
- Melted vegan chocolate
- Drizzle chocolate over the cookie dough layer and refrigerate the slice for 30 minutes before cutting into 6 even pieces!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx