This recipe reminds me of a Ferrero Rocher! Which I use to be OBSESSED with these pre-dairy free days! And I was so excited when I created this recipe because it is bursting with that delicious chocolatey-hazelnut flavour of a Ferrero Rocher!
This recipe would be a perfect morning or afternoon snack to curb those sweet cravings. It is completely balanced; with complex carbohydrates from the quinoa flakes, protein from the protein powder and healthy fats from the nuts.
I find for all my meals and especially snacks, I need all 3 macronutrients to be present or I am just not satisfied! So this Choc Hazelnut Protein Slice will be sure to satisfy your hunger, provide you with sustainable energy & curb those sweet cravings in a healthy way. Win-win-win!
Choc Hazelnut Protein Slice
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes, then discard water)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 3 tbsp cacao hazelnut protein (I used Botanika Blends Protein or you can substitute it for chocolate protein or cacao powder and it will be delicious!)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 hazelnuts + 2 tbsp extra for topping
- 6 squares dark chocolate
- Blend all ingredients, except the 2 tbsp additional hazelnuts and chocolate, in a blender. The mixture should be crumbly but don’t worry it should be!
- Transfer mixture into a pan and press down firmly so that it is about 2cm thick. Set aside.
- Add remaining hazelnuts into the blender and pulse until crushed.
- Pour over the choc-hazelnut base and press down slightly.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the slice.
- Set in the freezer for 3 hours and then cut into 12 slices. Enjoy!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx