Who doesn’t love a Snickers? Chocolatey caramel goodness with the delicious crunch of peanuts. Uh, yum!
However, I prefer to stick to a wholefoods diet majority of the time. And while I’m all about balance and enjoying the ‘real thing’ every now and again, when I can, I LOVE to make healthier, wholefood alternatives to my favourite indulgences! So I can indulge while still nourishing my body and still feeling amazing afterwards.
So here is my recreation of the much loved Snickers Bar! Featuring a sweet crunchy biscuit base, gooey peanut caramel topped with peanuts and then finished off with a drizzle of vegan chocolate.
This recipe is:
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Can be made vegan by swapping Honey for Maple Syrup
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius fan-forced.
- Combine all ingredients and transfer into a lined baking tray. Press down ensuring it is evenly distributed. You want the base to be able 1cm thick.
- Bake base for 12-15 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1 hour (pop in the fridge to speed up the process!)
- 1.5 cups pitted dates (soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes to soften, then discard the soaking water)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- Place the dates, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and peanut butter in a blender and blend until a smooth paste forms (you may need to add a teaspoon or 2 of water to get smooth).
- Pour on top of the cooled base. Sprinkle over the peanuts and press into the caramel slightly.
- Place in the fridge while you make the next layer.
- 12 squares dark chocolate (dairy free)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Pour over the peanut caramel layer and place in the freezer for 2 hours to set until firm.
- Once set, cut into 10 bars and enjoy!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx