What’s better than decadent, warm, fudgy chocolate brownies on a cold night? How about all the above but with a sneaky serve of veg!
Fudgy Sweet Potato Protein Brownies
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla stevia drops)
- 2 tbsp nuttelex (or coconut oil), melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (I used Botanika Blends Hazelnut Cacao Protein)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Optional add ins: crushed walnuts, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, fan-forced.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then mix in the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the walnuts or chocolate chips (if using).
- Transfer mixture into a baking pan (I used a loaf pan so the brownies turned out thicker because I like my brownies thick!).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean (baking time will be less if you use a large pan and make thinner brownies).
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes and then slice into 8 even pieces. Serve warm with a drizzle of melted chocolate, berries and coyo!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx