A delicious, protein packed recipe that is perfect for meal prep! Only a few simple pantry staples needed, and you have lunch done for 4 days!
I served these with some roasted mix vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts and capsicum) but they would also pair perfectly with a fresh salad in those warmer months.
Sweet Potato Tuna Cakes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 425g tinned tuna
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal + extra for coating
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small chunks. Transfer into a steamer pot and steam over boiling water until soft (10-15 minutes). Once soft, mash the sweet potato so no lumps remain.
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Form the mixture into 12 patties/cakes.
- Spread some extra almond meal (about 1/2 cup) on a large plate and coat the patties in the almond meal then place them in the fridge to set slightly for 30 minutes.
- Then cook the cakes in a non-stick fry pan in olive oil over medium-high heat – until golden on each side (about 3 minutes).
- Divide between 4 meal prep containers (3 per serve) and serve with either steamed or roasted mix vegetables or a fresh salad!
Notes: These will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat or eat cold – both are delicious!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx