Bircher Muesli use to be on repeat in my weekly breakfast rotation! I absolutely LOVE it! This recipe here was my go-to! That was until I went gluten free and could not for the life of me, find Gluten Free Oats! Plus, since being diagnosed with IBS I’ve worked out one food I am quite intolerant to is Apples.. so two of the main ingredients in my previous recipe were now a no-go.
Recently, I’d been craving Bircher again, so I began experimenting and have finally found a combination that is so similar to my previous beloved Bircher, but its IBS-friendly and Gluten Free!
This recipe stores well in the fridge for up to 4 days, so I like to make a batch at the start of the week (just double or triple the recipe below) and have it on hand for a quick and easy breakfast on those mornings I’m short for time (aka. every morning..).
- 1/3 cup rice flakes
- 1 tbsp raw buckwheat
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pepitas
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 vanilla stevia drops or 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt
- To serve: coyo, banana, berries, honey
- The night before, combine everything, except the coconut yoghurt, in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, stir in the coconut yoghurt and a tablespoon more almond milk if the mixture is a little too dry.
- Serve with some more coconut yoghurt, banana, berries and a drizzle of honey!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx