In typical indecisive Elise fashion, I couldn’t decide if I wanted to make carrot cake loaf or a banana bread loaf, so I combined the both and this delicious, perfectly sweet, dense, nutrient packed, cakey loaf resulted!
This is the perfect snack, and can be easily packed and eaten on the go. I’ve been having a slice of this for my 4pm snack. The perfect way to satisfy those afternoon sugar cravings.
This recipe is:
- Gluten Free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius fan-forced.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (except for the carrot, raisins and walnuts).
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well to combine.
- Now mix in the carrot, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, allow to cool before slicing.
Notes: store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx