This recipe is like eating chocolate pudding for breakfast!
Rice flakes are a great gluten free alternative to rolled oats, I don’t even notice the different anymore! They are so much easier on my stomach to digest, especially when left to soak overnight like in this recipe.
This is a great ‘make ahead’ recipe if your short on time in the mornings. It only takes a matter of minutes to prepare the mixture for setting in the fridge overnight. I like to make a few at a time during my Sunday Meal Prep and store them in the fridge for the week for easy grab and go breakfasts when I’m running late before work on weekday mornings.
This recipe is:
- Gluten free
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
Overnight Chocolate Protein Rice Flakes
- 1/3 rice flakes
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or a few drops of vanilla stevia
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set in the fridge overnight (or minimum 1 hour).
- In the morning, stir rice flakes to loosen mixture (you might need to add a little more milk) and top with your favourite fruits, coconut yoghurt and nut butter.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx