If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know I’m a big fan of ‘fake-away’ Friday’s! I don’t believe in restricting or depriving yourself of your favourite foods, but I’m also not a fan of putting hugely processed, deep fried foods in my body because of how terrible they make me feel. On occasion, I will go out and enjoy a real Italian wood-fire pizza with absolutely no guilt, but throughout the week I’ll always opt for my ‘fake-away’ version of my favourite takeaway foods!
This Cauliflower Pizza base is so delicious! It took me a while to perfect but it was totally worth it! And even better, the whole pizza serves 1. So you can eat this entire pizza yourself with no guilt!
I promise you this recipe is super easy to make, but just takes a bit of organisation and prep time! But 100% worth it.
My favourite topping options for this Cauliflower Pizza are:
- Hummus, spinach, zucchini, mushroom, olives, tomato, red onion (as pictured)
- Tomato base, olives, sauteed capsicum, roasted eggplant and red onion
- Or the lot – tomato base, spinach, tomato, capsicum, olives, pineapple, zucchini and onion
Cauliflower Pizza Base
- 250g cauliflower rice (can buy this pre-made from the supermarket or make your own)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (can sub with cheese if your not dairy-free)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rosemary, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Press mixture into a pizza shape on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (or until crispy).
- Add your chosen toppings and place bake in the oven to bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx