Brookie = a delicious cross between a cookie and brownie!
I was originally aiming to make a cookie skillet when I created this recipe, but was pleasantly surprised when the ‘cookie’ I cooked up came out super fudgy and decadent! Slightly crunchy on the top and soft on the inside just like a brownie.
This recipe is made using chocolate protein powder, making it perfectly balanced and suitable for breakfast! It’s basically like eating dessert for breakfast, and who doesn’t want that?
This recipe is:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
Choc Peanut Butter Breakfast Brookie
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 heaped tbsp natural peanut butter + extra for topping
- 1 serve chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven for 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Combine all the wet ingredients.
- Then stir in the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Transfer into a greased cookie skillet or pan. Top with extra peanut butter.
- Bake for 12 minutes and serve immediately!
Notes: if you don’t have chocolate protein powder, sub vanilla protein and add extra cacao powder, or just leave out the protein all together and add extra cacao powder to taste.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx