This snack will be sure to satisfy your 4pm sweet cravings while also getting in your greens at the same time! Win-win!
Zucchini is a great vegetable to bake with because it has relatively no taste and absorbs all the flavours it is combined with – in this case, chocolate! And because it is also a vegetable made up of mostly water, it makes these muffins super dense and moist! Which is how a good muffin should be in my opinion.
The recipe is:
- Dairy free (if you use dairy free choc chips)
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar free
Choc Zucchini Protein Muffins
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 serve chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp carob powder (or just more cacao powder)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini (be sure to squeeze out the water)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Chocolate chips (vegan if dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan-forced.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in one bowl and all the dry ingredients in another (excluding chocolate chips).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Scoop mixture into 8 lined muffin pans.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx