A new and improved version of my Raw Banoffee Pie! Less ingredients, a much simpler method and even more delicious than my original recipe!! This is a must try!
My family absolutely adored this. I have even been requested to make it for Christmas Eve dessert this year! And that’s a pretty big complement because in my house, Christmas Eve dinner/dessert is almost as big an occasion as Christmas Day itself!
And this would make the perfect addition to any Christmas Festivities dessert table! It will sure satisfied all those sweet tooth’s out there (coming from the biggest sweet tooth herself, so its guaranteed!).
Would love to hear and see how this goes if you make it, so don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) ❤
- 1.5 cups almonds
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 1.5 cups dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes
- 2 cups dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 500g coconut yoghurt (I used Cocobella Natural Flavour as this has no added sugars, but you could use any brand you like)
- Cacao powder, for dusting
- Soak 3.5 cups of dates in boiling water for 15 minutes, then discard the water.
- Start preparing the base layer: blitz the cashews and almonds in a food processor (or blender) until a fine crumb forms. Add the 1.5 cups of soaked dated and blitz again until well combines and a thick ‘dough’ forms.
- Press this into a pie dish or pan (I used a pie dish that had a removable base to make serving the pie easier). You don’t want the base to be too thin, I made mine about 0.5cm thick, and slightly thicker around the edges.
- Place the prepared base into the freezer and move onto the caramel.
- Blitz the remaining dates until a paste forms. Add the coconut cream and blitz until combined.
- Transfer the caramel into the base and smooth over. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the chopped bananas over the set caramel.
- Spoon over the coconut yoghurt and smooth over.
- Lightly dust the coconut yoghurt with cacao powder using a sieve.
- Place into the fridge to set for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx