If you know me, you know I LOVE Christmas!! And this recipe is honestly Christmas in bread form! My gosh, the smell when it was cooking just screamed Christmas! And biting into it, I was immediately transported to Christmas Eve, where my family and I always sit around and enjoy a beautiful homemade dinner, followed by a delicious dessert of gingerbread.
I am so excited to share this delicious, wholesome dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar free recipe with you all! And that better way is there to kick off the festive season and spread some Christmas cheer, than with some healthy, nourishing and totally delicious Christmas inspired baking!?
Hope you enjoy! xx
Gingerbread Banana Bread
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup walmuts, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, fan-forced.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and combine all the wet ingredients in another.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir through the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer the mixture into a lined loaf baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Serve as is or with a smear of nutelex!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx