PB&J Banana Protein Muffins
- 1 cup GF Flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 serve vanilla protein (I use Nuzest)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 heaped tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 tsp GF strawberry jam (to fill the muffins)
- 8 tsp natural peanut butter (for topping muffins)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree fan-forced and line 8 muffin pans.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and combine all wet ingredients (excluding strawberry jam and additional 8 tsp peanut butter) in another bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until all combined.
- Fill muffin tins with mixture half way.
- Then add a teaspoon of strawberry jam to the middle of each (careful not get this on the edge of the muffins as it run during baking).
- Then top muffins with the remaining mixture, being sure to cover the jam.
- Add a teaspoon of peanut butter to the top of each and swirl using a knife.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden and skewer comes out clean.
Notes: these will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. They also freeze great, so pop into freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months – perfect for grab and go snacks throughout the week!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx