Roast Vegetable Summer Salad
- 1.5 cup Pumpkin, cubed
- 1.5 cup Sweet potato, cubed
- 10 baby beetroots, quartered
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into chunks
- All purpose seasoning (or seasoning of choice, could also use Moroccan, BBQ etc.)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Baby spinach
- Crasins (dried cranberries)
- Protein of choice: I used lemon & herb chicken, but you could do boiled eggs or beef strips or halloumi too!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees fan-forced and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place your chopped pumpkin, sweet potato and red onion on the baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle over All Purpose Seasoning (or seasoning of choice) and gently toss the veggies so everything is covered in the oil and seasoning.
- Bake veggies in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the veggies bake, heat a fry pan over high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the chopped capsicum and season with a sprinkle of all all purpose seasoning. Cook until charred (about 5-7 minutes). Then remove from the pan and do the same for the baby beets.
- Now its time to assemble to salads! Start with Baby Spinach as the base, add on all the roast veggies, followed by a sprinkle of walnuts, pepitas and crasins.
- Top with your protein of choice and a drizzle of salad dressing (I used balsamic vinegar) and serve!
Notes: This recipe makes 4 serves which will keep in the fridge for up to four days. To maintain freshness, make sure spinach is dry before adding roast veggies and only add the dressing when ready to serve.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx