After a high protein snack, packed with a serve of veggies, that will even satisfy your 3pm sweet cravings? Well you have come to the right place!
These Protein Carrot Cake Muffins tick all the boxes, plus they are dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free! Perfect for a morning or afternoon snack, enjoyed with a warm cup of tea.
Carrot cake use to be my absolute favourite cake. But after transitioning to a healthier, whole foods lifestyle and now adopting a gluten and dairy free diet for medical reasons, bought carrot cakes are a no-go. But honestly, I don’t even miss it, because this recipe tastes just like, if not better, than the real thing! You can’t beat the taste of real, wholesome, natural ingredients.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) if you try these out ❤
Protein Carrot Cake Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 serves vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Optional: raisins and walnuts
- 4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 3 drops of vanilla stevia
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Walnuts for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan-forced.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and combine.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients and combine everything until a thick batter forms.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts if using.
- Spoon mixture into 14 muffin pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to completely cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, simply mix all the ingredients together and smear onto cooled muffins. Top with walnuts if using.
Note: these will last up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx