My sister recently won a 1kg jar of almond butter and gave me free reign to get creative with it and bake something yummy! (She da bomb.com)
So armed with 1kg of almond butter, I looked around the kitchen pantry & spotted OVERRIPE BANANAS! Yesss! And it came to me – Creamy Almond Butter Banana Bread!
In no time, the batter was in the oven and oh myyyy, I wish you could have smelt how incredible the house smelt while it was baking! (You’ll have to bake it yourself to find out 😋).
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Perfect served as a morning or afternoon snack with a smear of Nuttelex or more almond butter!
I’ve also tried baking this recipe in donut pans and it worked perfectly! So if you want cute little banana bread donuts, fill the donut pans with the batter and bake for 22-25 minutes.
Almond Butter Banana Bread
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup natural, runny almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Optional: gluten free muesli, coconut flakes, nuts, seeds etc. to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan-forced. Line a loaf baking pan with baking paper.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (except for the walnuts) and mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer mixture into the lines loaf and top with gluten free muesli or nuts and seeds (if using).
- Bake loaf for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 20-30 minutes before cutting.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx