Carrot Cake Oats
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2-3 tbsp egg whites
- 1/2 small carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- A few drops of vanilla stevia
- Toppings: berries, walnuts, granola, coyo, almond butter etc.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the oats, water, and milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until thick.
- Once thickened, add in your egg whites and stir for 30 seconds (very important – you don’t want scrambled egg oats!).
- While still over low heat, mix in the grated carrot, raisins, spices and stevia.
- Take off the heat and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx