If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that my Egg White Oats are on repeat in Winter! They are so creamy and comforting; perfect on a cold winters morning. Plus, they keep me full for hours!
I prefer to use Egg Whites over protein powder for my protein source in oatmeal because: (1) its not grainy or gritty like protein powder can be in oats (and I promise you can’t taste the egg whites), and (2) its a natural source of protein and I find this much easier on my stomach to digest (especially since suffering from very bad IBS lately).
This recipe is:
Made of 100% whole foods
Hope you enjoy! Be sure to share a picture and tag me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) if you give these a try!
Basic Egg White Oats
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 a small banana, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp egg whites
- Flavourings: cinnamon, vanilla essence or stevia, cacao, Maca, maple syrup, protein powder etc.
- Toppings: banana, berries, granola, coyo, peanut butter etc.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the oats, water, milk and banana and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until thick.
- Once thickened, add in your egg whites and stir for 30 seconds (very important – you don’t want scrambled egg oats!).
- Take off the heat and add in your flavourings (my go to combination is cinnamon and vanilla) and serve!
- Add your favourite toppings (peanut butter is a must!) and enjoy mindfully.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx