If your looking for a simple, easy, veggie packed meal prep recipe that doesn’t compromise on delicious flavour, you’ve come to the right place!
I’m all about clean, healthy and delicious food!
Make this recipe up on a Sunday and your set for the week with 5 lunches or dinners. Store two days worth in the fridge and the remainder 3 in the freezer to take out the night before consuming.
Meal prep tip! Be sure to let your meals cool completely before placing in the freezer! It ensures the meals don’t go soggy; ‘cos ain’t no body got time for soggy meal prep.
Chicken Meatball Meal Prep
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 brown onion, grated,
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 packet of Masterfoods Tuscan Meatballs sauce
- 1 can of organic crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 400g broccoli, cut into florets
- 400g sweet potato, cut into small chunks
- Ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- For the cinnamon sweet potato, preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan-forced. Lay on a lined baking tray, spray with olive oil and sprinkle over desired amount of ground cinnamon, salt and pepper. Then cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Steam your broccoli.
- Combine the chicken, carrot, zucchini, onion, almond meal and egg in a bowl.
- Form into meatballs, about 1 tablespoon per ball and place on a lined baking tray.
- Place the meatballs into the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up before cooking.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil + spray the pan with olive oil.
- Add the meatballs into the pan, cover with a lid and cook until browned – turn after a few minutes and allow to continue to cook covered until cooked through.
- Once cooked, add in the Tuscan Meatball packet & crushed tomatoes, mix through and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Take off the heat and dish out evenly between 5 containers along with the broccoli and roasted cinnamon sweet potato.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx