A quick, delicious & super nutritious meal prep recipe that is also loaded with hidden veggies! These Vegetable Chicken Patties are the perfect Meal Prep recipe to whip up on a Sunday, pair with a simple salad and your ready for the week.
- I used a spice called ‘Vegetable Seasoning’ I found in my local spice store. It’s basically a multi-purpose seasoning packed with flavour! Because healthy doesn’t mean you have to compromise on flaaaavour! I used 2 tbsp of this, but you could easily use any spice/s you love – turmeric, garlic, paprika, cumin etc. This recipe is super versatile.
- Make sure to squeeze the out as much liquid with a paper towel from the zucchini and carrot or else the mixture will be too wet. You don’t want soggy fritters!
- I refrigerate two portions of this recipe and then freeze the other two portions in airtight containers to take out the night before consuming.
Vegetable Chicken Patties
- 500g chicken mince
- 1/2 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Vegetable Seasoning or spice/s of choice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Salad: lettuce, spinach, tomato, cucumber, cabbage
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Form the mixture into Patties – roughly 2tbsp per pattie.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick fry pan. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes per side (with the lid on) then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
- Separate Patties into containers – 3 per serving and add in your salad.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx