The perfect recipe to whip up for your weekly meal prep – Veggie Frittata! A balanced meal, full of flavour, packed with so many veggies and will last the week in the fridge.
Serve with some tomato relish and a fresh salad!
Note: you could easily change up this recipe by adding different spices or a source of meat – ham or bacon would work well in this recipe! But I personally love vegetarians meal and love this recipe as is. 🙂
- 5 cups of vegetables of your choice (I used pumpkin, red onion, capsicum, tomato, zucchini, mushrooms and spinach)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1/2 milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/3 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- Salt, pepper
- Mexican chilli powder, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
- Chop up all your vegetables.
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a fry pan. Add in your vegetables and sauté until they begin to soften. My veggies took around 10-12 minutes. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Then add in the flour, cheese and seasonings.
- Once the veggies have cooled, add them to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into a lined loaf baking tin. Top with some extra cheese and Mexican chilli powder, if using.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and then slice into four even servings.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx