Peanut Butter + banana has to be one of my favourite combinations! Smoothies, on toast, oats, muffins – its just perfect for everything!
This recipe came about the other day when my boyfriend needed breakfast for the next day to eat on his drive to work. I had previously been making him Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats, but that just wasn’t practical to eat whilst driving. So I whipped this recipe up and it has been a massive hit – approved by the boyfriend and family! Its a crowd pleaser!
Perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or even as a 4-5pm snack to satisfy those sweet cravings. Because I don’t know about you, but when the 4pm slump hits, all I want is something sweet, and this does the trick and ties me over til dinner time.
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Bars
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups of quick or rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large, ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I use Mayvers)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan-forced)
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Transfer into either a loaf baking tin or mini loaf muffin pans like I did.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx