Jaffa Protein Balls… The perfect afternoon pick me up to satisfy those 3pm sugar cravings! Packed with protein and healthy fats, they are sure to keep you satisfied until dinner time.
Jaffa Protein Balls
- 3/4 cup pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes then discard water
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 servings chocolate protein powder (I use Nuzest)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 3 squares of good quality dark chocolate
- Place the pitted dates in a food processor or blended and blend until a thick paste forms.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients (except the dark chocolate, if using) and process until all combined.
- Roll into 12 balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Optional: melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the balls. Refrigerate until set and enjoy!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx