Happy Anzac Day. Lest we forget the amazing soldiers that fought for us, our country and the freedom to live the beautiful lives we live today. My Pop was a solider in WW2, so Anzac day is a day that is very close to my heart.
Satisfy your Anzac Biscuit cravings with this Anzac Bliss Ball recipe. Made of wholesome ingredients and they are much healthier alternative to the traditional Anzac biscuit.
They contain a little bit of sugar, but that mainly comes from dates, which in moderation is totally okay! And if you choose to add the Golden Syrup (which I highly recommend to get a final product that almost exactly resembles an Anzac biscuit taste), it adds a TINY bit more sugar, but again, everything in moderation! I’m all about promoting a balanced and sustainable approach to living a healthy life ,and 100% avoiding all sugar just isn’t sustainable, nor is it an enjoyable way to live life.
So I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
ANZAC Bliss Balls
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes (then discard water)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp golden syrup (can omit, but gives it that sweetness of a real Anzac biscuit)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until the mixture comes together.
- Roll into 10 balls and set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx