Preparation is key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle while working full-time! This Bircher Muesli is one of my favourite breakfast recipes to prepare ahead of time and have ready to serve in the fridge. Perfect on those busy weekday mornings when running a little late for work.
Its full of nourishing, wholefood ingredients and oats are low GI so they will provide your body with a slow release of energy and keep you going all morning.
This recipe makes 2 serves so I normally like to make a batch of this on a Sunday and that way I have two weekday breakfasts sorted! You could also double the recipe and make 4 serves as it keeps well in the fridge for a few days.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 heaped tbsp Greek Yoghurt + a little extra to serve
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Berries, granola and honey, to serve
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, divide into two serving bowls and stir through a dollop more Greek Yoghurt and top with lots of fresh berries, a sprinkle of granola and honey.
*Alternatively, you can eat one portion and keep the other refrigerated for another breakfast. I keep mine in the fridge for up to 4 days and it stays perfectly fresh!
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx