This recipe is inspired by my health inspiration, Jessica Sepel and one of her latest creations – 2-step Chia Pudding. So simple and quick to whip up the night before with ingredients you would have already in your pantry. Its so satisfying and packed with protein and healthy fats, so it keeps me full for hours which is a MUST when working long 8 hour days in the office.
Being a bit of a sweet tooth, my recipe of course includes a solid hit of cacao and chocolate protein powder – its basically like eating dessert for breakfast! Yum!
Choc Protein Chia Pudding
- 2 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I love this brand)
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Almond milk
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and combine.
- Add in the mashed banana and top with enough almond milk to cover the ingredients and mix well. The mixture should be quite think but not too thick because the chia will absorb more liquid and thicken over night.
- Refrigerate overnight (or minimum one hour).
- In the morning, remove from the fridge and add a dash more almond milk if needed to thin the pudding and add your toppings and enjoy! My personal favourite toppings are homemade granola, banana, berries and pepitas.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram (@eb.fiitness) for daily motivation, recipes and fitness tips! xxx