Lately I’ve been loving switching my morning coffee for an Iced Matcha Latte. I haven’t always loved Matcha, it’s taken a lot of experimenting to get this recipe right because it is such a strong, earthy taste. But it was worth all the effort! This Iced Matcha Latte is so indulgent, sweet and refreshing on a hot summers day. I would honestly choose it over a regular Iced Latte any day.
This recipe doesn’t get it’s sweetness from coconut sugar or honey, it gets it from the Condensed Coconut Milk – so not only is this drink dairy free, its vegan too.
To make the Iced Matcha Latte, all you have to do is follow the recipe below to make the Matcha Ice Cubes and then once frozen, place 4-5 in a glass and pour over some warm almond or coconut mylk and sit back while the magic happens. Its actually such a beautiful sight as the warm mylk melts the green ice cubes! Then once the ice cubes have mostly melted, you can start sipping on your deliciously chilled Iced Matcha Latte.
Iced Matcha Latte
- 1 3/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tbsp condensed coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Matcha Powder
- Place the water and Matcha powder into a mixing bowl or jug and whisk until completely combine.
- Then add in the condensed coconut milk and whisk again.
- Transfer mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
- Then when your ready to make your Iced Matcha Latte, pop out 4-5 cubes and top with warmed mylk of choice.
Note: The recipe makes enough for one ice cube tray. My tray had about 18 slots and I found I needed 4-5 ice cubes to make my latte which used 3/4 cup of almond milk.