This is one of my favourite breakfasts to have on a week day morning. So quick and simple to whip up before I run out the door to work (yes, literally because I’m running late everyday!). Plus, it taste so sweet and indulgent; its like eating dessert for breakfast! The banana caramelises from being toasted and theres just something about warm ricotta.. Its just the perfect way to start the day! And I love having a sweet breakfast as I find it satisfies my sweet tooth and as a result I’m less likely to crave sweets during the day and especially after dinner.
This is also a well rounded, balanced meal. You get your carbohydrates from the banana and wholemeal wrap; and the ricotta is packed with healthy fats and protein which are necessities in every meal to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Banana Ricotta Wrap
- 1 wrap (wholemeal, quinoa or rye are best)
- 80 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 Banana, sliced
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat a sandwich press.
- Lay the wrap on a chopping board and spoon the ricotta down the middle of the wrap. Place sliced banana over the ricotta and drizzle on the honey. Finish off with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Wrap the wrap up tight and place in the sandwich press until golden and heated through.
- Top with another drizzle of honey and serve with some fresh berries.