My go-to breakfast in summer has to be this Superfood Acai Bowl! Packed with superfoods your body will thrive off; healthy fats to keep you full; and protein to help repair your muscles after a tough morning workout. Plus, it contains no added sugar like the Acai Bowls you buy from cafes which are more often than not packed with sugar fruit juices or syrups.
Superfood Acai Bowl Recipe
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Nuzest protein)
- 1 tsp acai powder
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- Handful of ice
- Toppings: shredded coconut, peanut butter, buckinis, granola, goji berries.
Place all ingredients in a blender (I love using my Vitamix) and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer into a bowl and top with your desired toppings!